The winner holding the $142 million Mega Millions ticket purchased in Moraine came forward to claim their prize in June, according to the Ohio Lottery. A spokesperson said the winner came forward in trust, meaning the winner’s name and other information will not be released.
2. Fat Daddy’s RoadDog in Moraine presented with $100k for selling winning Mega Millions ticket
WHIO-TV was on scene in May as the Ohio Lottery presented Fat Daddy’s RoadDog gas station with a $100,000 check for selling a winning mega millions ticket. The winning lottery ticket was sold for the drawing held on May 4, 2018, and the winner’s identity is still unknown.
3. $1 million lottery winner bought ticket in Kettering
A Beavercreek woman will have some extra holiday spending cash after the Ohio Lottery announced she won the $1 million prize playing a scratch off game. Karen Hamilton won the $50,000 for 20 years prize, which is the equivalent of $1 million over the duration of the payments, the lottery announced Tuesday.
4. Life after Lotto: Clark County past winners give advice
As Powerball players across the country play their lucky numbers and wait for the largest lottery drawing in history Wednesday night, Clark County residents who have already won big prizes offered their advice.
Should an Ohioan strike it very, very rich, the most common tip was to keep it quiet.
5. Dayton goes after taxes on Ohio lottery winnings
The city of Dayton recently sent more than 300 letters to Ohio lottery winners to try to collect the unpaid taxes owed on their winnings. The city has identified unpaid taxes on lottery prizes dating back to 2014 and has already collected $35,000 since October when the initiative began, officials said.
FIVE FAST READS
• Target releases cheese-filled advent calendar for the holidays
• You won't believe the inside of this INCREDIBLE Oakwood house
• 5 things you need to know about Sears' bankruptcy
• Kroger launches wine delivery service
• Keith Urban makes wish come true for dying Ohio fan