· Light fireworks one at a time, then move away from the fireworks device quickly.
· Never try to relight or handle malfunctioning fireworks. Soak them with water, and throw them away.
· Never place any part of your body directly over a fireworks device when lighting the fuse. Move to a safe distance immediately after lighting fireworks.
· Never point or throw fireworks (including sparklers) at anyone.
· After fireworks complete their burning, to prevent a trash fire, douse the spent device with plenty of water from a bucket or hose before discarding the device.
· Make sure fireworks are legal in your area, and only purchase and set off fireworks that are labeled for consumer (not professional) use.
· Never use fireworks while impaired by alcohol or drugs.
· For more fireworks safety tips, visit www.cpsc.gov.