Washington Nationals outfielder Adam Eaton will be the guest speaker at the annual Springfield/Clark County Baseball Hall of Fame banquet on Jan. 6.
Eaton, a 2007 Kenton Ridge graduate, is entering his seventh season in the big leagues. He’s a career .284 hitter who was hitting .297 in his first season with Washington before a knee injury in April ended his season.
Eaton was inducted into the hall of fame in 2014. His 2007 Kenton Ridge team, which was the state runner-up when he was a senior, was inducted in 2012.
The 2017 inductees are:
• Shawnee High School graduate Jason Leaver, a standout pitcher for the Braves who played at the University of Georgia.
• Will Nichols, a Northeastern graduate who coached Triad to two state runner-up finishes and is now the coach at his alma mater.
• Derek Toadvine, a Kenton Ridge graduate who played at Kent State and was drafted in the 22nd round by the New York Yankees in 2013.
• The 1994 Northridge 15-year-old Babe Ruth state championship team.
• The 2008 Kenton Ridge baseball team, a state semifinalist.
The banquet will be held at 7 p.m. at Hollenbeck Bayley Center at Clark State at 275 South Limestone Street. Cost is $20. Tickets are available at the National Trails Parks & Recreation Office, 1305 Mitchell Blvd, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Tickets can’t be bought at the door. The deadline to buy tickets is Dec. 29.