A Butler County state lawmaker asked county sheriffs “to completely ignore” Ohio Gov. John Kasich’s executive order signed to get an update on weaknesses in the state’s gun background-check system.
3. Middletown mother in jail after two children test positive for meth
A Middletown mother was in the City Jail after two of her children, 3 years old and 16 months, tested positive for methamphetamine.
4. Report details driver's actions, seat belt use in Monroe prom night car crash
A Monroe High School student, who was driving three classmates to prom, veered her car off the right side of Millikin Road, over-corrected, then drove into a ditch before hitting a telephone pole, according to the accident report released today by the Butler County’s Sheriff’s Office.
5. 'I couldn't stop,' Butler County employee sobs as he comforts teen in fatal crash
In an emotional 13-minute 911 call, a nearly inconsolable employee with the Butler County Engineer’s Office weeps and talks to a 16-year-old girl in prayer after her car collided with the heavy equipment he was driving.
6. Americana Amusement Park property: Here are the plans for new park in Monroe
The city of Monroe unveiled a nearly $10 million plan to redevelop Monroe Bicentennial Commons, formerly known as Americana/LeSourdsville Lake amusement park.
7. Madison chooses to forgo legal action after regional football defeat
The Madison school district scrapped its plans to pursue legal action in the wake of a Division V, Region 20 playoff loss by its high school football team this fall to defending state champion Wheelersburg at Hilliard Darby.
8. Here's what will replace the McDonald's demolished this week in Fairfield
A McDonald’s restaurant was demolished in Fairfield in April to be rebuilt into a new McDonald’s with new features.
9. An inside look at 'The Hill': Hamilton's tent city highlights struggles, but officials hope for progress
A growing number of homeless in the area had some residents concerned, especially in the Hamilton Plaza on Route 4, where a large number of homeless people created a tent city for shelter.
10. Major DEA bust in Butler County: What you need to know
Federal agents and several local police agencies, including the Butler County Sheriff’s Office and the Oxford and Fairfield police departments, were a part of a team that broke up one of the largest drug trafficking rings in Butler County in January.