- Mike Rutledge Staff Writer
Local governments make payroll with your money. That’s why the Journal-News is using Ohio public records laws to assemble and analyze payroll data for governments across our region.
According to those records, Hamilton city government had 46 employees earn more than six figures in 2015.
Here are the five-highest paid city of Hamilton employees in 2015:
- City Manager Joshua Smith — $221,069
- Public Safety Director J. Scott Scrimizzi — $192,840 ($122,000 is salary and the rest is retirement payout)
- Director of Project Implementation Michael Perry — $149,975
- Police Chief Craig Bucheit — $133,653
- Public Utilities Director Kevin Maynard — $133,555
Click here for a growing database — currently containing 177,215 names and salaries — of government employees’ gross compensation last year.