BRGR sent the following statement confirming the mistake:
“We sincerely apologize to the family involved. This is unacceptable and we are taking this matter very seriously.”
BRGR gave Mckee a refund on her order, but she said the management wasn’t really concerned about the mistake until she posted about it on Facebook.
“They didn't care. Nobody cared. And I'm getting loud. It was like nobody had kids. No one understood why I am so heartsick,” Mckee said.
BRGR says they are reviewing their training procedures on alcohol safety to make sure this doesn't’t happen again.
Mckee took her son to their doctor today and they’re running some tests just as a precaution.