Vet uses bone saw to remove nylon toy from dog’s mouth

Vet uses bone saw to remove nylon toy from choking dog’s mouth

>> Read more trending news 

Amy Walsh brought in her 2-year-old golden doodle Bentley, after he was unable to close his mouth and started choking on a toy made by Lumabone, WDAF reported

"I guess it was the way he bit down on it. He had one of the holes of the bottom part wrapped around his jaw and his bottom teeth to dislodge it," Walsh told WDAF. “I was terrified. I love him. He's my favorite pup-pup that I look forward to coming home to. I didn’t know if I was going to lose him.”

The toymaker warns owners to keep an eye on their pets while they are chewing on the toys. Lumabone has taken that particular toy off the market, WDAF reported

"This particular toy, it was kind of a rough finish,” David Leighr, owner of Long Veterinary Clinic, told WDAF. “It was difficult to slip it in and out of his mouth. Once it got lodged in there, it was hard to slip out." 

Thank you for reading the Journal-News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.

Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Journal-News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.