Artificial intelligence is taking automation to a new level at an increasing number of companies.
Here are five things to know about this technology, often called AI.
1. AI is computer software and hardware that allows machines to perform tasks that mimic human intelligence and perception.
2. AI technology includes machine learning, deep learning, natural language processing and computer vision. It can process massive amounts of data, come to conclusions about it and make decisions.
3. The technology can replace humans in some tasks, but will also create new jobs.
4. Experts say the human-machine pairing often achieves the best results in a task.
5. Many local companies in Dayton, Ohio, for example, develop, sell or use AI technology. They include the University of Dayton, Evanhoe & Associates, Mile Two, Galois Inc., Tangram Flex Inc., LexisNexis Legal and Professional, Yaskawa America Inc.’s Motoman Robotics Division, Huntington Bancshares, Kroger Co., Premier Health and Kettering Health Network.
Thank you for reading the Journal-News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to exclusive deals and newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Journal-News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.