- Vanna White has a hilarious wardrobe malfunction on ‘Wheel of Fortune’
- Man ‘tired of her suffering’ kills 93-year-old wife
- Child born without part of brain, skull meets Santa for first time
- Boy found alive two days after mother died
- 5 things about El Niño: Biggest effects yet to come
How many companies give its employees a holiday, or end-of-the-year bonus?
And what is that bonus? A few hundred dollars? Maybe a thousand?
A Texas billionaire is blowing all bonuses out of the water. And for Jeffery Hildebrand, mega bonuses are nothing new.
Five years ago, according to Forbes, Hildebrand gave each employee a choice of $35,000 cash or $50,000 toward a new car.
This year, he's doubled the bonus to $100,000. Yes, that’s almost double what an average American makes in a year.
Hildebrand owns Hilcorp Energy, the country's largest privately held oil and gas production company, which employs about 1,400 workers, Forbes reported.
Amanda Thompson, a receptionist for 10 years, said of the bonus when asked by KDFW, "It's a true gift. And I think myself, as long as everyone else is not going to give any less than 100 percent each day."