An alleged list of derogatory comments were noted over a series of uncomfortable private meetings with Ailes from August to December 2014. According to the complaint, Ailes asked Tantaros about the sexual orientation of employees ("Is Greg Gutfield gay?" "Is Dana [Perino] a lesbian?"). The lawsuit claims that Ailes said, "Perhaps Gutfield and Perino are 'sleeping together'" and asked whether Kimberly Guilfoyle and Eric Bolling had a sexual relationship.
>> Read more trending stories
The lawsuit also says Ailes made the following comments about various employees:
- Perino "is uptight. You get the feeling that she never lets her hair down, but if she did, she'd be a good time."
- Guilfoyle is a "Puerto Rican whore" and a "Puerto Rican streetfighter."
- "Harris [Faulkner] has to be careful. She has the tendency to be the angry black woman."
- Guilfoyle is "easy."
- Shannon Bream's "voice is annoying."
- Referring to Monica Crowley: "If I ever had to go on a date with her, I'd jump out the window."
- Referring to Gretchen Carlson: "She's nuts."
- Referring to Catherine Herridge: "She's a stalker."
- Referring to Maria Bartiromo: "She got so fat."
In a conversation on Feb. 27, 2015, Ailes attempted to joke with Tantaros about an exchange she had on air with Stacey Dash, saying, “I heard you were mean to the black girl," according to the complaint.
Tantaros is not the first female anchor to engage in a legal battle with the media company. Former Fox News host Gretchen Carlson filed a sexual harassment lawsuit against Ailes in July.
>> Read the full complaint as obtained by ThinkProgress