Jupiter Medical’s staff told sheriff’s deputies the child also had overdosed in October after reportedly ingesting two 1-milligram clonazepam pills. The sedative is used to treat seizures and panic disorders.
At that time, Homan told the hospital staff she had dropped the pills in the middle of the night. The toddler swallowed the pills at about 8 a.m. but wasn’t taken to a hospital until about 11 a.m. after Homan noticed the child couldn’t walk.
Homan was being held in the Palm Beach County Jail on Friday afternoon in lieu of a $51,000 bond.
The Florida Department of Children and Families appears to be investigating the case as well, according to Sheriff’s Office records.