Michigan Man Falls Into Tank Of Sulfuric Acid, Dies

Michigan man dies after falling into tank of sulfuric acid

>> Read more trending news 

The man, whose name has not been released, was rushed to a hospital after a co-worker pulled him out of the tank, the television station reported.

Police said the temperature of the acid at the suburban Detroit business was at least 160 degrees, the Detroit Free Press reported.

According to MedLine Plus, sulfuric acid is a very strong chemical that is corrosive in nature, meaning it can cause severe burns and tissue damage when it comes into contact with a person’s skin.

It is not known how long the man was in the tank, the Free Press reported.

Thank you for reading the Journal-News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.

Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Journal-News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.

X