The applications of a processor in Mad River Twp. in Clark County and another in Wilmington scored high enough but are pending approval until tax compliance and criminal background checks are clear, according to the state.
The area processors tentatively approved listed by score are:
- Marichron Pharma LLC, Monroe
- Noohra Labs, LLC, Dayton
- Debbie's Processing Ohio, LLC, Dayton
- CannAscend Ohio Processing, LLC, Wilmington (pending)
- Pure Ohio Wellness, LLC, Mad River Twp., Clark County (pending)
- Certified Cultivators, LLC, Dayton
- Diamond Science, LLC, Dayton
What to know about the legalization of medical marijuana in Ohio
MORE: Legal medical marijuana sales in Ohio could start in days
Diamond Science was also awarded a provisional license for another processing facility and will have to choose whether it opens one in Dayton or Carroll, according to the Ohio Department of Commerce.During round one of processor licensing, Purpose Leaf, LLC at 6913 Dayton-Springfield Rd. in Enon, was provisionally licensed.
The state’s program allows for up to 40 processors. Fourteen were licensed during the first round and up to 26 more will gain approval depending on the outcome of the tax and background checks.