UPDATE @ 1:30 p.m.: Emergency crews responded today after chemicals used to treat water from a Warren County wellfield were incorrectly mixed, according to an official with the county Water & Sewer Department.
About 10 gallons of bleach were incorrectly mixed into a fluoride tank, creating a reaction, said Chris Brausch, director of the Warren County Water & Sewer Department.
There is no danger to those who live near the wellfield at 8093 Franklin Trenton Road, he said.
No employees were injured, he said.
A Cincinnati hazmat squad and several local emergency crews have responded this afternoon to the Warren County Water Department’s wellfield on Franklin Trenton Road.
Police scanner traffic indicated a hazardous leak that is not a drill, but dispatchers were not able to confirm.
Crews from Franklin, Franklin Twp., JEMS, the Warren County Sheriff’s Office and the city of Fairfield are all at the scene.
We have calls in to officials about the situation.
We will continue to bring you more information.