Knight showed us just how easily the parts of the fidget spinner can pop off.
“It can obstruct the airway, obstruct breathing and cause essentially a life-threatening situation where it could result in death,” Knight said.
Grandmother Tammy Mogck said she has four grandchildren and she will not be allowing these in her home.
“That’s a horrible invention for a child. That really is,” Mogck said.
Knight said the spinners were originally marketed as a learning tool.
“Something we might recommend, a tool for a child with ADHD or autism, anxiety, anything where they might benefit by channeling energy into a fidget,” Knight said.
Doctors said it's important for parents to monitor their kids' play, even if there isn't a warning on the device they're using.