Gold Star on Ohio 4 in Hamilton will host a two-day grand reopening celebration this weekend after the Cincinnati-style chili parlor underwent major interior and exterior renovations, including an expanded menu with new offerings like grilled-to-order burgers.
Gold Star President and CEO Roger David said the restaurant at 1700 S. Erie Blvd. in Hamilton has served the community for more than 40 years, and “we are proud to enhance the experience for this loyal community with modern renovations and menu additions that offer something for everyone to love.”
“We are more than just a chili parlor,” he said, “and we can’t wait for you to come in and try one of our grilled-to-order burgers or loaded fries in addition to your chili favorites to experience all that Gold Star brings to the table.”
To celebrate the grand reopening, guests will receive a free cheese coney with any Pepsi purchase, and the chance to be the lucky winner of free burgers for a year. Offerings will be available to all guests through dine-in, drive-thru, and carry-out.
The new look will be the new restaurant design that encompasses the traditional Cincinnati chili parlor experience along with a comfortable and contemporary environment. These updates enhance customers’ dining experience when they dine-in, drive-thru, carry-out, or order delivery through Grubhub, UberEats, and DoorDash.
The new grilled-to-order menu includes burgers, loaded fries, and chicken sandwiches, as well as salads and hand-spun milkshakes. New menu items include:
- Grilled-to-order burgers are prepared from 100% American beef, seasoned with a unique burger spice mix, and finished with Gold Star’s secret “heavenly” sauce. The sauce is from an original recipe dating back to the restaurant’s roots as Hamburger Heaven in Mt. Washington;
- Classic chicken sandwiches made with Southern-style fried chicken breast, Gold Star’s heavenly sauce, and pickles;
- Hand-tossed entrée salads prepared to order with fresh mixed greens and tasty topping combinations, including the harvest chicken salad, BBQ chicken salad, and Gold Star chili salad;
- Double-decker sandwiches made with freshly toasted bread piled high with two layers of thinly sliced Blue Grass Quality deli meat and topped with American, Swiss, or cheddar cheese, crisp lettuce, fresh tomatoes, and real mayonnaise;
- Loaded fries including classic chili-cheese fries, bacon cheddar ranch fries, loaded bacon chili cheese cries, and garlic parmesan fries with house-made garlic aioli; and
- Hand-spun milkshakes hand-blended with 100% real ice cream and topped with whipped cream. Flavors include vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, and other specialty flavors, including cookies and cream, banana cream pie, strawberry shortcake, and more.
Gold Star on Ohio 4 is open from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and 10 a.m. to midnight on Friday and Saturday. To learn more about available positions and apply to work at the Gold Star on Ohio 4 in Hamilton, visit www.goldstarchili.com/careers.
West Side Gold Star to relocate
Hamilton’s other Gold Star location is planning to relocate to 108 N. Brookwood Ave. by the fourth quarter of this year. The design and permitting process is underway, according to the company.
Hamilton City Council approved plans in February for the 2,666-square-foot, single-story construction, which would replace an old Pizza Hut building.