A man is in custody after police worked for approximately 90 minutes to get him to exit a home after officers responded on a report of a disturbance between a father and son, where shots were possibly fired, according to Middletown’s Chief of Police. The standoff occurred at a home in the 3000 block of Yankee Road Thursday, February 1. NICK GRAHAM/STAFF

Another SWAT standoff underlines their cost to taxpayers: 5 things to know

He said 25 Middletown police officers and 10 firefighters/paramedics responded to a standoff Thursday morning on Yankee Road. The standoff lasted about 90 minutes, and several police officers spent another 90 minutes investigating the incident and collecting evidence inside the home, Muterspaw said.

MORE POPULAR NEWS: Major DEA bust in Butler County: What we know now

Because most of the police force on duty was at the scene, some of them members of the department’s SWAT unit, Muterspaw said the State Highway Patrol was responsible for police duties Middletown.

Here are five other things to know about the standoff:

Bond set at $50K for suspect: Bond was set at $50,000 for Robert Hacker, 46, who allegedly fired several shots at his father in their residence Thursday. He remains in the City Jail and will have his preliminary hearing on Feb. 9. The self-employed mechanic was assigned a public defender.

What are the charges?: He was charged with firing a weapon while intoxicated, weapons under disability, inducing panic, firing a weapon within city limits and for several bench warrants, police said.

How did it end?: Hacker ran out of the residence after police officers fired tear gas into the residence. The Middletown SWAT team “got the business done,” Muterspaw said.

MORE POPULAR NEWS: Teen accused in Walmart parking lot shooting ordered to stay in juvenile detention

What was found?: Police found several weapons inside the home, the chief said.

Concerned for residents: Muterspaw said police are always concerned for neighbor safety in these situations and they had concerns the suspect may come out and begin shooting. At least one woman, who was videotaping the standoff with her cellphone, was told by paramedics to step back.

Thank you for reading the Journal-News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to exclusive deals and newsletters.

Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Journal-News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.