Officials are starting demolitions for a project to install a roundabout at Ohio 73 and Jacksonburg Road, which has been the site of numerous serious crashes in recent years.
A crash that killed two family members at the intersection in October was the latest to happen at what has been called one of Butler County’s most dangerous intersections.
The Journal-News recently asked the state for its list of high-crash intersections earlier this year, after another crash at the intersection. Here are the top 12 in Butler County:
1. US-127 (Hamilton-Eaton Rd) at SR-73
2. SR-4 (Hamilton-Middletown Rd) at SR-747 (Princeton-Glendale Rd)
3. SR-4B (Bypass) at CR-18 (Princeton Rd)
4. SR-747R (Princeton-Glendale Rd) at CR-20 (Tylersville Rd)
5. SR-4 (Hamilton-Middletown Rd) at CR-113 (Liberty Fairfield Rd)
6. SR-4 (Hamilton-Middletown Rd) at SR-4B (Bypass)
7.SR-73 (Oxford State Rd) at TR-179 (T-179)
8. SR-747R (Princeton-Glendale Rd) at CR-2821 (Symmes Rd)
9. SR-747R (Princeton-Glendale Rd) at CR-115 (Muhlhauser Rd)
10. SR-4B (Bypass) at CR-2821 (Symmes Rd)
11. SR-122 (Roosevelt Blvd) at CR-600 (Breil Blvd)
12. SR-4 (S Erie Blvd) at CR-21A (Grand Blvd)
Source: Ohio Department of Transportation.
Note: This list includes those intersections that involve a state or U.S. route
About the Author