Five heroin overdoses typically occur in one week in Butler County, according to Coroner Dr. Lisa Mannix.
Mannix expects the number of total overdoses for 2016 to be announced soon, but preliminary reports indicate 2016 will break the record for overdoses set in 2015.
In 2015 in Butler County, there were 189 drug overdoses, and 149, or 79 percent, were heroin related, officials said.
— — —
Here are 5 big developments in Butler County’s fight on heroin:
1. Butler County requests more Narcan after 5 overdose deaths in 26 hours
2. Leaders searching for money to restart family drug court
3. Opioid abuse making job “more dangerous,” pharmacists say after robberies
4. What one heroin addict told us about addiction
5. One local village adds Narcan to police cruisers