Babysitter accused of assaulting 3-year-old who is ‘brain dead’: What we know now

A Hanover Twp. woman is charged with felonious assault and felony child endangering for the incident that allegedly occurred on Thursday at her residence that left a 3-year-old girl she was babysitting “brain dead.”

Here’s what we know about the case:

The victim is a 3-year-old girl: The girl, Hannah Wesche, was in the care of Lindsay Partin, 35, of the 4000 block of Shank Road.

A 911 call was placed Thursday morning: At about 7 a.m. Thursday, Hanover Twp. emergency crews and Butler County detectives responded to Partin's residence for an unconscious child. They found Wesche unresponsive with labored breathing, according to the sheriff's office. There were obvious bruises about her head and face.

Her father could be heard encouraging her. Jason Wesche is heard on the 911 call made by Partin saying, "Hannah breathe. Breathe for daddy."

The suspect said the victim had fallen the day before. In the 911 call placed to county dispatchers, Partin identifies herself and says of Wesche, "all of a sudden she just passed out."

Partin says she babysits kids and that Wesche had fallen the day before. She tells the dispatcher she is rushing to get dressed, and her young child can be heard crying in the background.

“She fell real bad yesterday … I thought she was fine,” Partin said.

The victim was taken to a hospital. Wesche was transported to Fort Hamilton Hospital and then flown to Cincinnati Children's Hospital with life-threatening injuries.

The suspect admitted to shaking the child, detectives say. Partin caused serious physical harm to the 3-year-old girl by shaking her, according to the complaint filed by Detective Dan Turner. According to court documents, Partin admitted to shaking the child.

The suspect had bond set Monday. Bond was set at $30,000 on Monday during a video arraignment on Monday in Butler County Area II Court, where the cash bond was set by Magistrate William McNally.

The child is not expected to survive by her family. "We just want to stress with this situation it is devastating. She is not expected to survive. Within the next couple of days we are told it is going to come to an end. We just ask that bond is not set pending new charges," Jason Wesche said.

About the Author