If you love bacon, this event will blow your mind and your tastebuds.
The the sixth annual Bacon Fest is set for 3 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 18 at Fraze Pavilion, 695 Lincoln Park Boulevard, Kettering.
The event challenges restaurants to provide innovative and tried-and-true recipes featuring bacon. A dozen restaurants will participate in this year’s festival.
We’ve been studying the menus to map out our eating strategy. These 3 dishes have us dreaming happy bacon dreams.
🥓1. BACON STUFFED GARLIC TOAST GRILLED CHEESE
• Bacon stuffed garlic toast grilled cheese, $6
• Garlic Toast Grilled Cheese (GTGC), $3
• Assorted chips, $1
🥓 2. BACON DREAM CAKE AND CHOCOLATE-COVERED BACON
• Chocolate covered bacon, $3 each
• Strawberry Bacon Dream Cake, $6
🥓 3. BACON BURGER BOMB EMPANADAS
• Chicken or beef and bacon nachos: homemade corn chips smothered with shredded chicken, bacon, caramelized onion, salsa and queso blanco, $7
• Bacon Burger Bomb Empanadas: filled with bacon, beef, cheese and potato, $4
• Cracked Out Tot-Chos: with bacon, queso blanco, shredded cheese and salsa, $7
• Chicken and bacon bowls: chicken, Rice, beans, lettuce, sour cream, cheese and salsa, $8
• Chicken taco: lettuce, rice, cheese, sour cream and salsa, $4 each or two for $7
• Fish taco: mango salsa, sour cream and bacon, $5 each or two for $9
• Arepa: sweet corn cakes with melted cheese and bacon, $6
• Bacon guacamole and chips, $7
• Bourbon bacon brittle, $5
• Churros, three for $5 or three for $7 with bacon
MORE BACON FEST MENUS
• Bacon Cheddar Pierogies, 2 for $4
• White cheddar Applewood smoked bacon Mac & cheese, $4
• Applewood smoked bacon cheddar French fries, $6 Large
• Jalapeno bacon carnitas nachos, $8
• Bacon wrapped chili hot dogs (with cheese and onions), $6
• Bacon wrapped peanut butter and jelly hot dogs, $6
• Bacon wrapped hot dogs, $3
• Bacon and smoked Gouda mac and cheese, $5
• Pulled pork tacos with bacon slaw, $5 each
• Buffalo wings, $5 for six
• BBQ corn on the cob, $3
• Corn on cobb with bacon garlic butter, $3
• Smothered bacon and Gouda French fries, $5
•"Top Dog" hot dog loaded with bacon and cheese sauce with chips, $5
• Garlic Parm Wings, $5 for six
• Bacon Pound Cake: citrus bacon pound cake, bacon & tomato jam, $3
• “Chicken & Waffles”: waffle fries, Cotswold cheese fondue, shredded chicken and crumbled smoked bacon, $3
• Country green beans: sautéed green beans, red onions & smoked bacon, $2
• Bacon wrapped crab balls with lobster sherry sauce
• Salmon BLT taco with smoked bacon Aioli
• Cheesy Bacon Fries
•Bacon cheesecake with chocolate ganache
• Maple Glazed Bacon Donuts
• Meatlover's Pizza, $5
• Bacon meatball burger, $5
• Loaded bacon roasted potatoes, $4
• Garlic Parmesan corn on the cob, $3
• Strawberry Cannoli cone, $4
• Bacon lasagna, $4
• Bacon pizza slice, $3
• Whole pies available to go for $15
• Five different Sundaes and four different Gelato options, $5 each
• Small dish of frozen custard or Italian ice, $3 each
• Sweetened Bacon Bits can be added to any item.
WANT TO GO?
What: Bacon Fest 2018
When: 3 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 18
Where: Fraze Pavilion, 695 Lincoln Park Blvd., Kettering
Cost: Admission is free
Thank you for reading the Journal-News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Journal-News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.