I am thrilled to be taking on the new role of Consumer Reporter for WHIO-TV/Radio, WHIO.com and the Dayton Daily News. I have always been interested in how to save money, just ask me about my skills as a bargain shopper! Dresses for $7, shoes for $5 dollars? Yes, it can be done and it can be fun! I have my mom to thank for showing me the art of shopping and saving. I hope to learn along with you, our viewers, readers, and listeners, even more about how to get the most for our money, avoid products that can be dangerous, and stay away from scams.See Less
What was your favorite TV show when you were little?
What was the first thing you ever wanted to be?
How might someone have described you in high school?
What was your first job?
What was your first job in radio?
What do you like about your job?
What might people be surprised to know about you?
What would be a perfect day for you?
What advice would you have for someone wanting to go into the business?
If you could only keep one 5-minute tape from your career what would be on it?
Favorite radio program:
Favorite dream car:
Favorite Miami Valley place:
Favorite travel destination:
I’m a southeastern Ohio native, and graduated from Wright State…GO RAIDERS! I have been a radio anchor and reporter for many years. I have worked for WHIO radio several times, first as an intern, then a night news writer. I quickly moved up to morning anchor, and then after few years in Cincinnati, returned to be the afternoon anchor on WHIO before making my current move into Consumer Reporter.
I received an Edward R. Murrow award for a series I did on alternate reality games, and I recently received an Ohio AP award for best anchor.
I have a wonderful son, who keeps me laughing all the time, an amazing boyfriend, and three cats. (One of those cats was found right here in the parking lot of work.) In my spare time, I crush candy like it's my job, I play Xbox and sports with my kiddo, and I love to keep up on the latest consumer and tech news.
You can contact me at Rachel.email@example.com
Q & A:
- Duck Tales
- A dolphin trainer at Sea World, or Madonna.
- Jock/ Board Op
- Helping people
- I play video games and I have the sense of humor of a 13 year old boy. Also, my co-worker Sandy Collins says I should have my own you tube channel highlighting my outrageous and ridiculous antics.
- Sleeping in, and heading to the beach.
- Be willing to change and learn new things. Stress is temporary. Coffee, lots of coffee.
- The 9-11 tribute which featured my voice-over, my live coverage of Michael Jackson's funeral, funny character segments I did for Jerry Springer's radio show, my recent TV work, and all of my many bloopers.
- Lisey's Story. Stephen King
- I really enjoy listening to Roxy on K99.1FM.
- Pizza, and anything involving ranch dressing.
- video games
- my house, my friend’s pool, King's Island
- Iron Man (all of them), Avatar, Avengers, Hobbit, LOTR, Grease
- hip-hop, pop
- Hawaii, or anywhere with a beach.