Details are emerging for the 2018 Dayton Auto Show, slated for Feb. 22-25. While there is no theme to the show, it will emphasize the latest in automotive technologies for the consumer in a relaxed, low-key but exciting environment.
Before the Internet made so much vehicle-purchasing information available, prospective buyers had to drive from dealership to dealership for test drives and details on features and prices. At the Dayton Convention Center, 22 E. Fifth St., show-goers are welcome to open doors and slip behind the wheel of almost everything on the floor. Product advisors will be on hand to speak with and plenty of printed product information will be available, but the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles does not permit direct selling at the show.
Dozens of 2018 vehicles available now and specialty vehicles will appear. More than 100 SUVs, trucks, cars and hybrids are expected to be displayed.
Other show highlights will be:
- Military Appreciation Days, Feb. 22-23, all with military ID will gain free entry, sponsored by the Dayton Area Toyota Dealers
- Back for a repeat, the Toyota Drive Center featuring different models for test-driving around downtown Dayton. Located at the main entrance on Fifth Street, the following vehicles may be available to drive, subject to change: the first-ever C-HR, the all-new Camry, RAV4 and Highlander.
- Also back for a repeat: FCA Drive Experience, featuring vehicles from Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram and Fiat
- Special entertainment attractions for kids, including animals from Wild Hearts African Farm and Petting Zoo, Matt the Balloon Guy and Face Doodles by Jen
- Exhibit by Clean Fuels Ohio, a statewide nonprofit organization that improves air quality and health, reduces environmental pollution, and strengthens Ohio’s economy by helping businesses, governments, nonprofits and individuals transition to cleaner, domestic fuels and energy-saving vehicles
Show sponsors are the Dayton Daily News, Springfield News-Sun, Miami Valley Chevy Dealers and Dayton Area Toyota Dealers.
For more information, look for a special 2018 Dayton Auto Show tabloid inserted in the Feb. 18 Dayton Daily News and Springfield News-Sun.
HOW TO GO TO THE 2018 DAYTON AUTO SHOW
WHAT: Dayton Auto Show
WHEN: Feb. 22-25
WHERE: Dayton Convention Center, 22 E. Fifth St.
- Feb. 22, Noon-9 p.m.
- Feb. 23, Noon-9 p.m.
- Feb. 24, 10 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Feb. 25, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
ADMISSION: $8 for adults at the door, $6 online at https://www.tix123.com/tix123/eTic.cfm?code=DAS18. Children ages 9 and younger are free when accompanied by a paying adult.
DISCOUNTS: Feb. 22-23 – Military Appreciation Day, all with military ID will gain free entry; Seniors, age 65-plus, $6 at door. Student discount with student ID, $6 at door
PARKING: Available in the Transportation Center garage, one block east of the Dayton Convention Center on Fifth and Jefferson streets. There is a covered skywalk on Level 1 that will bring you to the third floor at the Dayton Convention Center facility. Daily rates are $2/hour or part hour with a $6 maximum.
INFORMATION: DaytonAutoShow.com; Facebook: Facebook.com/DaytonAutoShow; Twitter: @DaytonAutoShow; Instagram: @DaytonAutoShow