"Our new brands are all about the changing face of our guests—what they need, what they're looking for from Target," said Mark Tritton, Target's executive vice president and chief merchandising officer in a Q&A. "When we took a close look at our existing assortment with this in mind, we saw a disconnect. We knew we'd need to refresh our offerings—and define new ones—so our guests continue to love what they're discovering at Target and want to keep coming back, again and again."
Target will phase out both the Merona and Mossimo clothing lines.
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS
• Cincinnati airport to give away free cheese coneys, Graeter's ice cream
• Trump attacks Amazon on Twitter again. Here's why.
• Is this the future of air travel? Pilotless planes to be ready by 2025
• You can live in this refurbished, historic church in Oregon District
• 9 recent changes that are revolutionizing the local retail industry