Mark your calendars for July 16! Amazon Prime Day is back for 2018 and will offer one million deals globally that are exclusively for Prime members, but some offers are available right now.
How big is it? Prime Day was the online retailer’s best sales day in history last year, surpassing Black Friday.
Amazon Prime Day 2018 preview: Everything you need to know
Our Clark Deals team will be highlighting the very best Prime Day deals, but we put together this guide to help you create a game plan for the huge day.
Read on for the four things that every Amazon Prime member needs to know…
1. What exactly is Amazon Prime Day?
Prime Day dates back to 2015 and is the summertime equivalent to Black Friday and Cyber Monday. It gets bigger every year and has expanded to more than a dozen countries.
New deals go live as often as every five minutes on Prime Day, with select deals offered the week before. Keep reading for those…
If you find a Lightning Deal that you like, do a quick price comparison and order it before it’s gone. These deals are available in limited quantity for a short period of time.
Pro tip: Use the Amazon App to watch deals and get notifications when they start. Learn more here.
Amazon says tens of millions of Prime members made a purchase on Prime Day 2017, more than 50% higher than the year before. It was also the best single day for new member signups.
2. When is Amazon Prime Day this year?
Amazon has confirmed that Prime Day will start on July 16 at 12pm PT/3pm ET and will run through July 17. It was 30 hours last year, but this year it has been extended to 36 hours!
3. What are the best Prime Day deals?
You can expect plenty of discounts on Amazon devices for Prime Day 2018. The most popular purchase last Prime Day was the Echo Dot, which was on sale for $34.99.
Amazon said in a news release that there were also record sales for Echo, Fire tablets and Kindle devices.
Looking for a new TV? You may want to wait for Prime Day. The Element 55-inch 4K Ultra HD smart LED TV – Amazon Fire TV Edition was the best-selling TV deal in Amazon history last year.
For 2018, Amazon is promising that shoppers will enjoy the “biggest deals yet” on Alexa-enabled products:
“This year, Prime Day will feature double the deals on Amazon devices—and the biggest deals yet on Alexa-enabled products like Echo, Fire TV and Fire tablets, in addition to new categories from home security to Echo devices with screens.”
You don’t have to wait until July 16 to start shopping! Every day leading up to Prime Day, Amazon is showcasing exclusive offers and deals. These deals started July 3:
- Echo Show – Save $100 on Echo Show, which brings you everything you love about Alexa, and can show you things. Make video calls or watch video flash briefings, movies and TV shows, see music lyrics, smart home cameras, photos, weather forecasts, and more.
- Amazon Brands – Find Amazon’s lowest prices on products from collections available exclusively on Amazon, including up to 25% off furniture and décor from Rivet and Stone & Beam, up to 20% off AmazonBasics items, and 30% off everyday essentials from Presto!, Mama Bear and Solimo, among others.
- Prime Video, DVDs and Blu-Ray – Save up to 50% on popular movies and TV shows on digital, DVD and Blu-Ray.
- Amazon Music – Prime members who haven’t yet tried Amazon Music Unlimited can get four months of the premium, on-demand service with access to tens of millions of songs and hands-free listening, for just $0.99.
- Twitch Prime – Members can enjoy hundreds of hours of free gameplay as Twitch Prime gives away a free PC game every day through July 18.
- Kindle Unlimited and eBooks – Prime members who haven’t yet tried Kindle Unlimited will have access to three months of unlimited reading for just $0.99. Buy your first Kindle book and get a $10 Prime Day credit valid towards eBooks, print books and Audible.
- Audible – Eligible Prime members can get their first three months at more than 65% off for $4.95 a month.
In addition to online deals, Whole Foods is getting in on the celebration with an extra 10% off sale items and other savings.
For example, Prime members who spend $10 at Whole Foods from July 11 to 17 will receive a $10 Amazon account credit to use on Prime Day. Scan your Prime Code in the Whole Foods or Amazon app at checkout to get the deal.
4. Do I have to be an Amazon Prime member?
As the name of the shopping event indicates, you do need an Amazon Prime membership to take advantage of all the great deals on Prime Day 2018.
If you’ve never been a member, it’s a great time to sign up for a 30-day free trial to experience all the perks.
The annual cost of a Prime membership recently increased to $119, but there’s also a $12.99 monthly option that you may want to consider if you don’t need it year-round.
Since one of the main benefits of a subscription is free two-day shipping on millions of items, everything you order on Prime Day should arrive at your door quickly.
To stay on top of the best Prime Day deals, visit ClarkDeals.com and sign up for our newsletters!