“We are pleased the creditors were able to come to an agreement that positions Charming Charlie with a new management team, a stronger balance sheet and an improved retail footprint,” said Christopher Flynn, CEO of THL Credit. “We are confident in the company’s underlying fundamentals, and believe Lana’s deep experience will provide strong leadership as Charming Charlie pursues the growth opportunities we see for the business going forward.”
Charming Charlie has locations in Beavercreek, Cincinnati, Columbus, Fairfield Twp. and Mason. Dozens of retailers have filed for bankruptcy this year including: ToysRUs, The Limited, Gymboree, Wet Seal, RadioShack, Gander Mountain and Payless.
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS
• 15 memories, moments at Elder-Beerman that influenced your lives
• Pier 1 Imports to close up to 25 stores
• Elder-Beerman parent company confirms liquidation
• You won't believe the inside of this INCREDIBLE Oakwood house
• No retail apocalypse for these companies: 5 retailers opening stores in 2018