There are plenty of meteor showers to enjoy this year, reports Storm Center 7 Meteorologist Kirstie Zontini.
Mark your calendars and keep checking in for the latest forecast.
- Perseids- This is a very active shower. August 11,12,13 head outside from the late evening through dawn. The moon this year won’t get in the way.
- Draconids- This shower peaks October 8. It is better in the evening hours with only a handful of meteors per hour.
- Orionids- This shower peaks October 21 before dawn. There are 10-20 meteors per hour. The moon might get in the way.
RELATED: Follow Live Storm Chasers
- South Taurids- This shower peaks November 4-5. There are about five meteors per hour. This shower is active overnight and there will be no moonlight.
- North Taurids- This shower peaks November 11-12. There are about five meteors per hour. This shower is active overnight.
- Leonids- This shower peaks November 17 or 18. Look before dawn on those mornings to see 10-15 meteors per hour.
- Geminids- This shower peaks December 13-14 with about 50 meteors per hour! It is best in the early morning before dawn.
RELATED: ODOT Road Sensors - Buckeye Traffic