- Ed Richter Staff Writer
Franklin High School will induct its newest class of eight alumni into its Hall of Fame this week.
This year’s class of inductees includes:
- Danny Retherford, class of 1965. He lettered in three sports, is Franklin High School’s sixth all-time scorer in basketball, All-Ohio in baseball and played basketball and baseball at Morehead State College. Retherford served in the U.S Air Force.
- Greg Little, class of 1973. Little lettered in three sports, won the Con Riley Award, played baseball and basketball at Drew University. Graduated from the University of Tennessee College of Law and has been trial counsel in nationally prominent cases.
- Irv Kenerly, class of 1975. He earned eight letters in three sports, a member of Franklin’s first state championship gymnastics team, a high school All-American in the vault and lettered three times playing football at the University of Toledo.
- Karin Schneider Back, class of 1992. Earned 11 athletic letters, scored 71 career goals in soccer, is the seventh all time scorer in basketball and holds five track and field records. She played college soccer at the University of Kentucky.
- Dr. Tara Tibbs Jones, class of 1993. She received four academic and 10 athletic letters at Franklin High School. Tibbs Jones received a doctorate in chemical engineering from the University of Virginia and is currently the executive director of Global Operations for Amgen Biotech.
- Michael Aldridge, class of 1995. Aldridge started three years in basketball and 4 years in baseball, was All-Ohio in baseball. He played college baseball at Eastern Michigan University, drafted by the New York Yankees in 1999. Aldridge is currently a member of Franklin City Council.
- Nick Monk, class of 1996. Starting with his freshman year, Monk rewrote the Wildcat football record book, at one time setting or tying 16 records. He was All-Ohio in football four consecutive years. Monk played college football at Miami University.
- John Kremer, class of 2002. At Franklin High, Kremer was a three-time state qualifier in wrestling, and Academic All-Ohio twice. He served in the U.S. Navy for nine years, as a explosive ordnance disposal technician. Decorated with three Bronze Stars and the Purple Heart. Kremer played in the 2016 Paralympics as a member of the U.S. Men’s Sitting Volleyball Team.
The induction ceremony of the Franklin High School Hall of Fame’s class of 2017 will be held at 5 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 16, at McDade Auditorium at Franklin High School, 750 E. Fourth St.
The annual event is open to the public.