- Story Highlights
- Ohio State will hold 19 practices in training camp.
The Ohio State Buckeyes ran out of the Woody Hayes Athletic Center at 6:30 a.m. Thursday, heading for the outdoor practice fields. A new season began as they all do: with stretching, light jogging and then a speech from coach Urban Meyer.
NCAA CHANGE: No two-a-days this season
Here are a couple of observations from the first of 19 practices during training camp for Ohio State:
• Running back Mike Weber, tight end Marcus Baugh and defensive tackle Malik Barrow were held out of practice with minor injuries but worked out on the sideline in uniform.
LOCAL GRAD: Springboro’s Sean Welsh opens up at media day
• Miamisburg graduate Josh Myers, a freshman offensive lineman, worked out with the second unit. He enrolled at Ohio State in January.
• Wayne graduate Robert Landers opened his third season with the Buckeyes. He redshirted as a freshman and was a big contributor on the defense line a season ago.
LONE RETURNER: Michigan leans on Mike McCray
• Several coaches and players will speak to the media after practice:
defensive coordinator Greg Schiano; offensive coordinator Kevin Wilson; quarterback J.T. Barrett, offensive tackle Jamarco Jones; and defensive ends Jalyn Holmes and Sam Hubbard.