And now they’re celebrating.
The bakery will hold an event at 5:30 p.m. TODAY in the lobby of the shop at 3533 Roosevelt Blvd. in Middletown.
Dawn Foods’ top 5 sweetest bakeries:
1. Lochel’s Bakery, Hatboro, Pa.
2. Mueller’s Bakery, Bay Head, N.J.
3. Milton’s Donuts, Middletown
4. Bit of Swiss Pastry Shoppe, Stevensville, Mich.
5. Van Hemert’s Dutch Oven Bakery, Boone, Iowa.
Milton’s Donuts was saved from closing in 2014 after long-time owner Dan Milton said he and his wife Beverly were looking to retire after 54 years.
The business is now part of the the Butler County Donut Trail, which has 10 featured locations representing a combined 306 years of doughnut-making experience. The trail has been featured in publications nationwide, including NBC News, Country Living and USA Today, according to the Butler County Visitors Bureau.