A Franklin woman allegedly overdosed on heroin at a local hotel while her 8-year-old daughter was in the room, according to police.
Amanda Napier, 33, was charged with drug abuse instruments and child endangering after she allegedly overdosed Wednesday morning in the Red Roof Inn, 3510 Commerce Drive in Middletown, according to the police report.
Police found a hypodermic needle and toilet paper with fresh blood on the bathroom floor, and Napier admitted those were her items, according to a police report.
She reportedly told police she had been clean and “doing well” and was unsure why she relapsed.
The 8-year-old told police her mother frequently goes into the bathroom, locks the doors and says she wants “privacy.”
Warren County Children’s Services was contacted to follow-up on the case, police said.
The girl’s aunt has legal custody, police said.