By Michael D. Pitman
The city owns several buildings downtown. Here’s a list of some of the more notable ones along with when it was acquired. A purchase price, or how they were acquired, was not immediately available for all buildings
- Orman building, acquired by the city in August 2009 from the State of Ohio. It’s currently under demolition.
- Manchester Inn & Conference Center and Sonshine building, acquired by the city in March 2011 for $175,000. It’s currently being advertised for sale for $325,000.
- CG&E, Bank One, First National Bank and Masonic Temple buildings, acquired by the city in December 2010 for $300,000. The CG&E building was sold to Higher Education Partners for $202,000 for the Cincinnati State Middletown campus and the First National Bank building was donated to the college. The Masonic Temple was donated to the Art Central Foundation. The city leases a portion of the Bank One building to Miami University Middletown.
- Studio Theater, acquired by the city in September 2009. City staff is discussing demolition plans regarding this building.
- Montgomery Ward building, acquired by the city in July 2012. City staff is discussing demolition plans regarding this building.