Updated: 5:29 p.m. Friday, July 26, 2013 | Posted: 4:20 p.m. Friday, July 26, 2013
By Chelsey Levingston and Amanda Seitz
LIBERTY TWP. —
Liberty Center project timeline
- 2008: Liberty Town Square project proposed and planned unit development approved by Liberty Twp.
- 2011: Talks resume for the project between county and company officials, after a hiatus brought on by the economy
- Dec. 2011: Developer Yaromir Steiner tells the Journal he hopes to break ground by end of 2012 or early 2013 and still plans to open in 2014
- Jan. 2012: Memorandum of understanding reached between Butler County, Liberty Twp. and Steiner + Associates over public financing for infrastructure, worth approximately $35 million
- Feb. 2012: Steiner buys first tract of land for the project, 50 acres for approximately $8 million
- Sept. 2012: The Journal learns that the center’s opening is delayed until 2015
- April 24, 2013: Steiner + Associates, Dillard’s announce the department store has signed a lease, the first tenant.
- April 25, 2013: Steiner + Associates presents new site plans to joint county and township government meeting. Changes made include going from three anchor tenants to two anchor tenants, and one junior tenant, among others
- May 20, 2013: Steiner + Associates announces the second major tenant for Liberty Center to be dinner-and-movie theater CineBistro
- July 25, 2013: Steiner + Associates, Butler County and Liberty Twp. sign Master Development Agreement for $43 million ($25 million commitment from county and township) in public financing