By Lauren Pack,Ed Richter
The Hamilton JournalNews has been reporting this story from the beginning. Our reporters are working hard to bring you the latest news and information that helps keep you and your children safe.
Who to contact?
Anyone with additional information about these incidents — or who has experienced a similar situation — is asked to contact:
Butler County Sheriff’s Dispatch Center at 513-785-1300
Hamilton Police at 513-868-5811
Strategies for preventing abductions
- Point out homes of friends around the neighborhood where your children can go in case of trouble.
- Teach your children to move away from any car that pulls up beside them and is driven by a stranger, even if that person looks lost or confused.
- Avoid dressing your children in clothing with their names on it — children tend to trust adults who know their names.
- Set boundaries about the places your children go. Supervise them in places like malls, movie theaters, parks and public bathrooms.
- Monitor your children’s Internet activities and avoid posting identifying information or photos of your children online.
- Develop code words for caregivers other than mom or dad, and remind your children never to tell anyone the code word.