By Michael D. Pitman
Facade grant recipients
Recipients of grants in the Facade Improvement Program:
- The Chamber of Commerce, 1500 Central Ave.: $1,700 to repaint the exterior of the buildings
- Rumford Productions, 1015 Central Ave.: $5,500 to clean the soft limestone, add new double hung windows and add a new awning
- Sorg Opera House, 63 S. Main St.: $1,500 to reinstall and secure a ballroom window
- Stained 1054 Bistro and Bella, 1054 Central Ave.: $8,500 to install a new awning over the side door of the restaurant, new restaurant bar doorway, new facade and glass on the boutique’s new building.
- Forrest Hills Country Club, 791 Fourth St.: $7,800 to replace a gutter, clean and paint building exterior and fabricate a new garage door
- Castell Building, 1126 Central Ave.: $5,000 to install new windows for the project that will enclose the U-shape of the building’s rear entryway
- Outside the Line restaurant and Art Central Foundation, 18 N. Clinton St.: $15,000 for a new facade to include an arbor entryway for the new restaurant, remove vinyl siding, repaint a section of the building and add a new flower box
Source: Downtown Middletown Inc.