- Nude homeowner scares off burglar, burglar apologizes
- Woman kicked off plane after argument about Israel conflict
- Man loses fingertips on Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean ride
- Steven Spielberg 'dinosaur hunter' photo goes viral
- Survivor played dead in alleged Texas family execution
Motorists in Pennsylvania were witnesses to a bizarre incident Friday afternoon.
The Associated Press reports that the door on a coroner’s van malfunctioned and opened while the vehicle was transporting a body. The gurney, with the body on it, rolled out onto the road.
The incident took place near a shopping mall in Feasterville. Cars drove around the body, which appeared to be wrapped in a white sheet. The Bucks County Coroner’s Office claims the driver realized quickly that the door had malfunctioned and the body was recovered within minutes.
One witness thought initially that the incident was a prank.
According to The Bucks County Courier Times, the body was that of a young woman who had died of an apparent drug overdose. The family was notified of the incident. The Coroner’s Office released a statement indicating that they “deeply regret” the accident, which they blame on an older transport vehicle that will soon be replaced.