- Eric Schwartzberg Staff Writer
Many people start every day with a cup of coffee, but only one day a year pays tribute to that jolt of java.
National Coffee Day, the official celebration of the bean-based brew, is Friday, Sept. 29.
We contacted locally-owned coffee shops to bring you this list of special offers just for National Coffee Day.
- Fairfield Coffee, 311 Nilles Road: Half price on any regular brewed coffee of any size. Hours are 6:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- True West Coffee, 221 High St. and 313 Main St.: $1.50 large coffees (regularly $1.85) and $2 cappuccino (regularly $3). Hours are 6:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Triple Moon Coffee Company, 1100 Central Ave.: Free samples of Autumn Spice and Blueberry brews. Customers who purchase one pound of coffee get a free cup of coffee. Also, customers who take photos and post and tag Triple Moon on Facebook are entered for a chance to win one of two $20 gift cards. Hours are 6:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Java Johnny’s Coffee Roaster & Cafe, 3534 Central Ave.: Special “coffee lovers latte” — an espresso topped with a pump of dark roast, a dollup of steamed milk and a sprinkle of espresso dust for $3.89 for a small. Purchase comes with a free sample of freshly roasted beans. Hours are 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Oxford Coffee Co., 21 Lynn Ave.: Free samples of coffee and half off any drink for customers who mention National Coffee Day. Hours are 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
WEST CHESTER TWP.
- CAVU Coffee, 7755 Cox Lane: Purchase a 12 ounce whole beans and receive a free pour over of your choice. Hours are 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.