No injuries after cooking fire at Madison Twp. home

breaking news

Multiple people reportedly shot in Baltimore business park

No injuries after cooking fire at Madison Twp. home

UPDATE @ 4:26 p.m.:

Fire crews put out “a few hot spots” once they arrived on the scene, according to Madison Twp. Fire Department Lt. Jordan Peters.

The resident did a good job of extinguishing the fire before crews arrived, he said.

The resident had been cooking food on the stove when she walked outside for a minute, according to Peters. When she returned inside, the cabinets above the stove had caught fire, he said.

He stressed that it is never a good idea to leave food unattended while it is cooking.

UPDATE @ 4:07 p.m.:

Franklin Twp. and Trenton fire crews have left the scene. A Madison Twp. crew remains at the home, which is across from Madison Schools.

UPDATE @ 3:58 p.m.:

Madison Twp., Franklin Twp. and Trenton fire departments are on the scene. No smoke or flames are showing.

Traffic is slow along Ohio 122 in the area of the fire.

INITIAL REPORT:

Emergency units from Madison Twp. and Warren County are responding to a reported house fire on Ohio 122 in Madison Twp.

A woman called stating there was a grease fire on the stove in the 1300 block of Ohio 122 and she was evacuating, according to dispatchers.

There are no report of injuries.

We have a reporter at the scene and will update this story with more information.

Weather and Traffic