Some cities in Southwest Ohio are among the safest in the state, according to one group.
SafeHome, a group of home security experts, ranked 25 cities in Ohio for safety features. Kettering landed in the top five safest cities in the state.
SafeHome looks at the FBI’s latest report of how many and what types of crimes occurred in each city over a single year. The city’s crime trends are also considered, and SafeHome looks at the number of law enforcement officers compared to the population. Population density, population trends, unemployment rate, median income and education level are also measured.
» RELATED: Gun sales skyrocket on Black Friday
The cities’ safety features were scaled from 0 to 100. The top five safest cities were: Dublin, Parma, Miami Twp. in Clermont County, Strongsville and Kettering.
Here’s where local cities ranked on the list:
5. Kettering - Safety Score: 82.32
9. Beavercreek - Safety Score: 79.45
10. West Chester - Safety Score: 79.36
11. Fairfield - Safety Score: 78.16
19. Dayton - Safety Score: 58.94
23. Springfield - Safety Score: 53.95
24. Middletown - Safety Score: 53.27
25. Hamilton - Safety Score: 41.05
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS