- Child's prayer caught on baby's monitor, will melt your heart
- Physician to parents: You're doing it wrong
- 'Duct tape challenge' lands teen in hospital
- Zika virus: CDC warns pregnant women not to travel to these countries
- Cashier discovers homeless man is her long-lost father
A first-grade teacher in Texas has been fired after she was accused of covering her students’ mouths with duct tape for an entire day.
KFDX reports that the children said they were told that the duct tape was part of a game and that they shouldn’t tell their parents because the teacher didn’t want to get fired. One parent said her daughter had a nightmare about the duct tape incident and woke up saying she was choking and couldn’t breathe.
Ashley Thomas, the Wichita Falls Independent School District communications officer, confirmed that the teacher is no longer employed by the district.
Parents have filed police reports, and Child Protective Services is investigating the incident. The school has made additional counseling available to the affected students.
At least one parent is planning on filing a lawsuit.