- Staff Staff Writer
Dog licenses in Butler and Warren counties are now on sale.
Anyone who “owns, keeps or harbors a dog” is required by state law to purchase a tag. Here’s what you need to know to keep your pet legal:
All 2018 dog licenses may be purchased through Jan. 31. After Jan. 31, there is a late penalty to buy tags.
Dog license costs are:
- $14: One-year tag
- $42: Three-year tag
- $140: Permanent tag
Three-year tags and permanent tags must be purchased at the Auditor’s Office, 130 High St. in Hamilton on the third floor.
Only one-year tags may be purchased online at www.butlercountyauditor.org. or through select local businesses. A list of businesses that sell licenses is available one the auditor’s website.
All 2018 dog licenses may be purchased through Jan. 31 without penalty. After Jan. 31 the penalty is $15 per dog for all tags. Kennel tag penalty is $75.
- $15: 1 year (regular tag)
- $20: 1 year bone-shaped tag
- $45: 3-year (regular tag). These may only be purchased at the Warren County Auditor’s Office or website.
- $50: 3-year bone-shaped tag. These may only be purchased at the Warren County Auditor’s Office or website.
- $150: Permanent tag. These may only be purchased at the Warren County Auditor’s Office or online.
- $75: Kennel tag, which includes five tags. Each additional tag is $1. Kennel tags are available only at Warren County Auditor’s Office.
With the purchase of each bone-shaped tag, a $5 donation is made to the Warren County Humane Association’s spay and neuter fund.
Visit www.wcauditor.org to purchase, for applications for mailing, or a list of local retailers where dog licenses can be purchased.
The Warren County Auditor’s Office is located at 406 Justice Drive in Lebanon.View full experience