Travelers will see upgrades to the terminal and concourses at the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport as part of a $6 million project.
Construction started Monday and will be completed in six phases by spring 2018, according to a press release from the airport.
- brighter lighting and simplified signage at the airport’s curb front
- revamped baggage claim area with energy-efficient lighting, new carpet and wall treatments
- new carpet installed in the walking tunnel connecting the terminal and concourses
- new carpet installed in the Terminal ticketing level as well as Concourses A and B
- upgrades to parking vestibules and the parking garage tunnel
“As CVG embraces what’s next, this terminal modernization project delivers on our mission to provide an unforgettably positive experience for our passengers,” said Candace McGraw, CVG’s chief executive officer, in a statement. “We’re building on the sense of place currently in our terminal and concourses, for passengers to feel welcomed home or welcomed to our region, by incorporating regional branding elements inspired by the Roebling Bridge and Ohio River into the design.”