2 more boys arrested in Lebanon school threats

3:31 p.m Friday, May 6, 2016 Crime news

Two more boys from Lebanon have been arrested today for threats, Warren County Prosecutor David Fornshell announced. Formal charges have not yet been filed.

The 14-year-old male defendant charged with inducing panic entered a denial of the charge today in court.

Warren County Juvenile Court Judge Joseph Kirby ordered the defendant held in custody, and further ordered a risk assessment through the court clinic.

Additionally, pursuant to Ohio Revised Code, the defendant’s parents were added as parties to the case — making them potentially responsible for costs associated with the incident if the defendant is convicted of the charge, according to a media release.

Another detention hearing will be held May 12.

A 14-year-old Clearcreek Twp. boy was detained Thursday after his arraignment on felony charges alleging he prompted the evacuation of two Lebanon schools on Wednesday.

Prosecutors urged Judge Joe Kirby to detain the boy, citing a prior juvenile record for breaking and entering, domestic violence, drugs and fighting.

“You are not going home today,” Kirby said after advising the boy could be sentenced to detention in a juvenile facility until he was 21, if convicted on the inducing panic charge.

Kirby said he was planning to seek compensation from the boy’s parents for the costs to the law enforcement and school district.

The junior high school was evacuated Thursday morning again in Lebanon due to a threat found on a note left in a bathroom, police said.

Students were in the stadium and both entrances to the building were blocked by police and Warren County sheriff’s deputies, according to report.

Later today, a 14-year-old Lebanon student accused of making bomb threats Wednesday at two schools in Lebanon — including for the third consecutive day at the high school — is scheduled to appear today in Warren County Juvenile Court.

The boy was arrested Tuesday and held overnight in the detention center, pending today’s hearing. Police continued to investigate the series of threats at the school on Drake Road, disrupting the school day.

The hearing is set for 1 p.m. in the court in Lebanon.

A 14-year-old Lebanon student accused of making bomb threats Wednesday at two schools in Lebanon - including for the third consecutive day at the high school - is scheduled to appear today in Warren County Juvenile Court.

The boy was arrested Tuesday and held overnight in the detention center, pending today’s hearing. Police continued to investigate the series of threats at the school on Drake Road, disrupting the school day.

The hearing is set for 1 p.m. in the court in Lebanon.

Lebanon police said a juvenile male has been arrested and transported to the Warren County Juvenile Detention Center following two bomb threats at Lebanon schools today.

According to police, the juvenile has been charged with felony inducing panic.

The earlier threats are still an active criminal investigation and no additional information is being released at this time.

Lebanon school officials have canceled all evening activities after threats made at the junior high and high schools today prompted evacuations of buildings and canceled classes for the remainder of the day.

It was the third threat in as many days at the high school.

School officials sent a call to parents to alert them that busing for elementary school students had been delayed because of the situation at the high school and junior high.

A note with a bomb threat has been discovered at Lebanon Junior High School. Administrators have evacuated all students at the high school and junior high as police and emergency crews search the building, officials said. Revised transportation plans will be posted shortly.

Lebanon High School students that were bused to today have been transported to the junior high, where they are expected to be taken home.

Traffic is reportedly backed up near the school as parents come to pick up students.

Heavy rain in the area is also creating traffic issues.

Warren County Prosecutor David Fornshell said Wednesday that 90 days in juvenile detention may not be a tough enough punishment for juveniles convicted of making school threats.

“There are very serious consequences when you engage in this kind of conduct; we are going to be charging people that we catch with felonies,” Fornshell said. “We’re going to be requesting a minimum of 90 days in jail … or whether we need to go for a punishment that’s even higher until these threats stop.”

Fornshell said in the last three days, Lebanon schools have had four threats.

In the last year, Fornshell has prosecuted 17 juveniles for threats.

“They need to know that the minute that they are caught doing this they’re going to go straight to jail and that they’re going to spend a significant portion of the rest of their school year not hanging out with their friends, not going to the movies … they’re going to be hanging out in our juvenile detention center,” Fornshell said.

Lebanon school officials have said high school students are being dismissed for the day following the third threat at the school in as many days.

Lebanon High School was evacuated Wednesday morning — for the third time in as many days — due to a threat found in the school.

Wednesday’s threat, like one found Monday at the school on Drake Road, involved a bomb threat, while Tuesday’s threatened a shooting. The note was found in the freshman locker bay, according to a call to parents.

On Wednesday, a dispatcher said students were being led from the school and police were at the scene, searching the building.

The evacuation comes a day after Warren County Prosecutor David Fornshell isssued a statement advising parents to warn their children of the consequences. Springboro High School was closed last week by another threat.

There was no threat found at the high school and the building has been cleared. Classes have resumed and students are expected to be released at the normal times, officials told our reporter at the scene.

Also, officials did not give details about the type of threat the school received.

Lebanon High School has been evacuated Tuesday because of a threat — the second threat in as many days.

Ohio State Highway Patrol and Warren County Sheriff’s deputies are on scene, and Drake Road is closed in front of the school.

Only the high school has been evacuated, but it’s unclear of the type of threat. Authorities are searching the high school room by room.

We have a crew on scene and we will update this story as information becomes available.

An active criminal investigation is ongoing after a bomb threat at Lebanon High School, according to police.

Lebanon police and officers from several surrounding jurisdictions responded to the high school after a note was discovered indicating a bomb was in the building, officials stated.

No device was located during a search of the building.

Lebanon High School students and staff members were being allowed to return after a bomb threat.

Lebanon High School was being cleared Monday afternoon due to “an unsubstantiated bomb threat.”

“We’re clearing the building now,” a dispatcher said at 1:10 p.m.

The entrances to the school 1916 Drake Road were closed off while police searched the building.

On Monday morning, a 15-year-old Lebanon student was detained after his arraignment on charges stemming from a threat he posted on Facebook in mid-April.

The boy was detained for a risk assessment pending another hearing Friday in Warren County Juvenile Court.

View full experience