Buying a real, fresh-cut Christmas tree at a local business is as much about the experience as it is about the purchase.
Here’s complete information about where to find your fresh-cut tree this holiday season in Butler and Warren counties:
BARN N BUNK
3677 Wayne-Madison Road, Trenton. 513-988-9211
· Types of trees, costs: Fresh cut trees including Fraser fir, noble fir, Canaan fir and white pine. $20 to $120.
· Extras: Wreaths and roping. Two barns with produce, Amish cheeses, baked goods and crafts. Also, ice cream, deli and candy.
· Hours: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday; 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday beginning Nov. 24 through Dec. 23. Brunch buffet on Sundays 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning Dec. 3. Thanksgiving Day buffet from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
BARTELS FARM LLC
4427 Cotton Run Road, Hamilton. 513-795-2271
· Types of trees, costs: Fir- $9/ft; Scotch pine $35, White Pine $55; Blue Spruce $80. We have table- top trees as well as trees that are 11 to 12 ft tall and everything in between.
· Extras: Live animal nativity featuring “Precious” the Christmas donkey; two Christmas shops, wreaths and garland made fresh from our trees. Unique Berea KY and local artesian pieces, plus many other hard to find items. You select and cut if you wish or we will cut your tree for you before we shake and bale it. Balled and burlapped trees for planting after Christmas are also available. Free hot chocolate and cookies. We have everything you need for your tree and decoration needs, so start or continue your family Christmas tradition here.
· Hours: Fridays and Saturdays after Thanksgiving 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Sundays Noon to 5 p.m.
· Directions: I-75 south to St. Rt. 63 West at Monroe to St. Rt. 4 North, to St. Rt. 73 West through Trenton to Cotton Run Road. North.
JOHN T. NIEMAN NURSERY
3215 New London Road, Hamilton. 513-738-1012
· Types of trees, costs: Canaan fir, scotch pine, white pine, blue spruce, Norway spruce up to 20 feet. Sixty acres of trees. $20 to $200. Assistance in cutting, hauling and loading to vehicle. Balled and burlapped trees and tree stands.
· Extras: Wreaths, swags, arrangements and roping. Complimentary hot chocolate and cookies.
· Hours: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday beginning Nov. 18 through Dec. 23.
· Directions: Take U.S. 27 north to Ross-Hamilton exit. Turn left on Ohio 128. At first light, turn right on School road, then right on Layhigh Road, turn left on New London Road.
AJ NIEMAN NURSERY
3881 Cincinnati-Brookville Road, Ross. 513-738-1332
· Types of trees, costs: Scotch pine, white pine, Douglas Fir, Norway spruce, blue spruce and Fraser firs starting at $5 per foot.
· Extras: Blue Spruce up to 9 feet tall.
· Hours: 9 a.m. to dark, Saturday and Sunday starting Nov. 24 through Dec. 17.
BIG TREE PLANTATION
2544 S. Waynesville Road, Morrow. 513-836-0975
· Types of trees, costs: Cut your own Canaan fir, Blue spruce, White and Scotch pine $55 and up. Precut Fraser firs, Scotch pine and burlapped trees also available. $55 and up. Live trees in containers for $29 and up.
· Extras: Saws, shaking and baling services available. Wagon rides and hot chocolate. Wreaths available, life-size Nativity scene; delivery, set-up and pickup services available.
· Hours: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday from Nov. 24 through Dec. 23.
· Directions: I-71 to exit 32 (Morrow); east 1.2 miles to South Waynesville Road, turn right.
BERNINGER TREES AND WREATHS
1220 Stubbs Mill Road, Lebanon. 513-932-2780.
· Types of trees, costs: Cut your own Canaan firs, $40, Scotch or white pine, $33. Precut Fraser firs $45-$95.
· Extras: Handmade wreaths and garland. All trees shaken and wrapped. Free popcorn and hot chocolate.
· Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday through Sunday starting Nov. 24.
· Directions: From I-71, take Ohio 48 north to Ohio 123. Turn right on Ohio 123, then immediately turn right on Stubbs Mill Road. From I-75, take Ohio 63 east through Lebanon. This becomes Ohio 123. Turn right on Stubbs Mill Road. Farm is 1.1 miles on left.
TIMBERWIND TREE AND CHESTNUT FARM
1566 W. Pekin Road, Lebanon. 937-746-5027
· Types of trees, costs: White pin, Scotch pine, Austrian pine and Norway spruce. Freshly made Wreaths. Trees of all sizes from 4 to 12 ft. 500 trees available. $35 for cut your own and pre-cut Fir and Pine trees 6-8 ft. $55-$85 for pre-cut 8-10 ft. Fraser and Colorado Spruce.
$35 for any size Pine tree. $35 for Fir and Spruce trees. Pre-cut Fir trees 9-13 feet. $45-$85. · Extras: Sample roasted chestnuts from our Chestnut Orchard. Chestnuts $3 lb. Saws provided, Trees bagged, Wagon rides, free family photo, free hot chocolate.
· Hours: Open Saturdays 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sundays 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Also open the day after Thanksgiving.
· Directions: Located in northern Warren County between Springboro and Lebanon. Take I-75 south to Route 73. East on Route 73 for 3 miles to Route 741. South on Route 741 for 3 miles to Pekin Road (on the left) East on Pekin Road for 1/2 mile to Timberwind.
WERTZ FAMILY TREE FARM
5682 Union Road, Franklin. 937-746-7870
· Types of trees, costs: Cut your own Canaan fir, White spruce, Norway and Blue spruce, Scotch Pine, $25 each. Pre-cut Canaan firs $8.50/foot. Ten feet and taller, special order.
· Extras: Handmade wreaths, saws provided, free hot chocolate; free tree shaking, baling and drilling.
· Hours: 4 to 7 p.m. Monday-Friday, Noon to 7 p.m. Saturday and Sunday until sold out. Noon to 7 p.m. Nov. 24. Other hours by appointment.
· Directions: 2 miles North of Atrium Medical Center.