NOTICE: We have a brand new way for you to promote your events!
If you are a regular contributor of events, our process has changed as of Oct. 22, 2014 and you will need to re-register with a new user name and profile or sign in using your Facebook credentials to submit events. Registration is required to use this free feature.
- You can sign in/register using your Facebook account
- You can add photos to your event for free!
- You can link your event listing to a Facebook event to make it easy for users to RSVP!
- Simplified category options
- More great free features
Please include the following info for your event
- A title for your event. This does not need to include venue information.
- The start date and time for your event. Note: Recurring events can be entered by choosing "Repeats" and selecting the appropriate recurrence for your event from the dropdown menu. For events occurring over multiple days (festivals, performances, exhibits, etc), please create only ONE event and set the date range to include all days of the event. Details regarding event times, exclusions, and other specifics should be included in the description. Do not create multiple entries for one event.
- End date and time (if applicable) for your event. Note: If your event has different start or end times for different days enter the first start time and then include the full time and date details in your description.
- Location or venue for your event: Start typing the name of your venue and select it when it shows up in the list. If your venue does not appear, choose "Suggest a new venue" and fill in the required information in the popup window.
- Category: You must select one and may select up to three categories from the dropdown. This will help the website organize your event and display it in relevant searches! Note: Music is no longer a main category option. Please add music events under the "Concerts & Tour Dates" category and include the music genre in your event description.
- Adding a complete description of your event will help make your listing more complete! Though it is listed as optional, we STRONGLY encourage you to give your event a full description including: dates, times, pricing and any other pertinent information about your event.
- Please include at least one photo with your event listing. This will make your event more appealing to readers. It may also increase your event's visibility on our sites. Please only use your own photos or have permission from the owner of the photo. Note: If you do not add a photo, stock images may be used on your event.
- Don't forget to expand the "More options" section of the form by clicking on the arrow. This is where you will add pricing information and your website link(s). When entering a website address, please use http:// at the beginning of the URL.
- Privacy: If you want your event listed on our websites or in print please be sure to select "Public" as your privacy setting!
Some things to note when submitting an event
Submitted events will be posted to all Cox Media Group Ohio Web sites* so you only have to submit them once!
If your event has not appeared online within one week from the date of entry please call the events desk at (513) 820-2170.
If you need to make a correction or change to your event once it has been submitted, you must first find your event by clicking on your username in the top left and viewing your created events from the link on the bottom right-hand corner of the page. Once you see your events, click on the one in question and click the gray "Edit Event" button on the right-hand side of the page.
If you are unable to find your event or have other problems with event entry, contact the events desk at (513) 820-2170. Please do not re-submit the event.
Frequently asked questions
- My user name is not working: Please make sure you have created a login for the new system or that you are signed in using your Facebook login. Use the "forgot password" link to reset your password.
- I found duplicate / incorrect events. What should I do?
- How do I add an event?
- How do I edit the event details?
- How do I remove an event completely?
- More Calendar questions and answers
Newspaper event listings
To have your item printed in the newspaper:
Items must be received at least two weeks prior to the event for consideration for publication.
Notice: We try to include every item in print, but volume means publication isn't guaranteed and that receipt cannot be acknowledged.